Dangerous by Design
Select a state:
Most Dangerous Metro areas
- Orlando-Kissimmee, FL
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
- Memphis, TN
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
Preventable Pedestrian Deaths
The decades-long neglect of pedestrian safety in the design and use of American streets is exacting a heavy toll on our lives. From 2000 to 2009, 47,700 pedestrians were killed in the United States, the equivalent of a jumbo jet full of passengers crashing roughly every month.
Despite the magnitude of these avoidable tragedies, little public attention — and even less in public resources — has been committed to reducing pedestrian deaths and injuries in the United States.
Locate Fatalities Near You
Enter any U.S. address to see an interactive map of fatalities near that location.